How to Play Roulette
25 Sep 2023
Updated: 19 Nov 2023
Roulette is a very simple casino game. There isn't really any strategy involved other than how much you want to bet and what you want to bet on. You place your bets, and a ball is spun around the spinning wheel. Wherever the ball lands determines which bets win and which bets lose.
Roulette is made up of 18 black numbers, 18 red numbers, and one or more zeros.
You can bet on a specific number, which means you only get paid out if the wheel lands on that number. So if I bet on 23, then if the ball lands on 23, I win my bet. If it lands on any other number, I lose. With these bets, your chance of winning is very low, but you get paid out at 35 to 1, which means you would get your £1 stake back plus £35, so a £36 payout. This is usually not a good strategy for our purposes as the variance is extremely high.
What to bet on
Most of the time you will simply bet on red, or black. If you bet on Red, it means you get paid out if the ball lands on any red number; and vice versa for black. You also have the choice of betting on odd or even, which pays out if the number it lands on is odd or even respectively, or you can bet on the first 18 numbers, or the last 18 numbers. These odds pay out at even money, so if you bet £1 and win, you get your £1 back and an extra £1. This is what we want to use almost all the time when playing roulette.
You can also bet on thirds of the table, split in various different ways. These all pay out at 2 to 1, so if you bet £1 and win, you get your £1 back and a £2 payout. Obviously, these outcomes are less likely to happen than simply betting on red or black.
Here are the various different ways you can bet on Roulette:
- Red/Black – 1 to 1 (a £10 bet will give a £10 profit)
- Odd/Even – 1 to 1
- High/Low (1-18/19-36) – 1 to 1
- Dozen Betting (1-12/13-24/25-36) – 2 to 1 (a £10 bet will give a £20 profit)
- Column Betting on 12 numbers – 2 to 1
- Six Line Betting on 6 numbers – 5 to 1 (a £10 bet will give a £50 profit)
- Corner Betting on 4 numbers – 8 to 1 (a £10 bet will give a £80 profit)
- Street Betting on 3 numbers – 11 to 1 (a £10 bet will give a £110 profit)
- Split Betting on 2 numbers – 17 to 1 (a £10 bet will give a £170 profit)
- Betting on 1 number – 35 to 1 (a £10 bet will give a £350 profit).
No matter what you bet on with roulette, the RTP does not change. There is no way to beat the roulette table using special betting patterns. For most offers, you will simply be betting on red or black. Also, every spin is random. If your roulette wheel has landed on red several times in a row, that does not make it any more likely that black will come up on the next spin. Spins don't have a memory. The record for a roulette table hitting the same colour is 32 times in a row. That is extremely unlikely (about 10 billion to 1) but still possible.
How to bet
To place a bet, simply select the tokens on the side of the table to determine your bet size, and then click the location on the betting table that you want to bet.
So if we want to place a £1 bet on Red, I'll just select the £1 token, and then click on the Red square. If I wanted to place a £2 bet, I can just select the Red slot again and it increases to £2. If I keep clicking, the bet size keeps going up. You can select different tokens to bet specific amounts. If I wanted to bet £2.50, I could select the £1 token, click twice, then select the 50p token and click once. Then I simply hit spin, and wait to see if I win.
Sometimes the table will have options to make spinning faster. Re-bet and Spin will let you repeat your last bet and spin again, which is very useful when you need to spin over and over and over again, so you'll use that a lot. Sometimes the table will have an options button, which will let you change some settings.
Types of Roulette
There are three main forms of roulette:
- Standard European Roulette has one zero, and the RTP is 97.3%.
- American Roulette has a zero and a double zero, so the RTP is only 94.74%.
- French Roulette is like European Roulette, but when the wheel lands on zero, you only lose half your stake. The RTP of this version is 98.65%, so it's the best version when it's available.
Top 6 Reading List About Matched Betting Casino Offers
- 6 Ways You're Missing Out By Not Doing Casino Offers
- Are Casino Offers Right For You?
- Bankroll For Casino Offers
- Mindset For Casino Offers
- Thinking To Start Making Money From Casino Offers? Answers To Your FAQs
- Beginner Tips For Starting Casino Offers
If you're a completely new member, then all you need to do is grab your Diamond Level Membership here to start profiting today! Don't forget our Diamond Level Membership also includes ALL the sports signups and reload offers too.UPGRADE TO DIAMOND