How Will The World Cup Impact The Premier League?
12 Nov 2022
Updated: 24 Feb 2023
Due to the intense heat in Qatar at the height of summer, the biggest competition in football has been moved from its regular dates in June and July to November and December. That means this season, the FIFA World Cup will be held in the winter for the first time, and in the middle of the Premier League season.
Now only a couple of weeks away, the impact of the World Cup on the Premier League is already being felt by players, managers, and fans alike.
In both the lead-up to and the aftermath of the World Cup there is an absolutely packed schedule of games in the UK Premier League and many European Leagues. Crowded schedules mean there are more opportunities to profit than ever for us.
HAVE YOU BEEN THINKING ABOUT STARTING MATCHED BETTING?
With the World Cup fast approaching, today, not tomorrow is the best time.
Why? Check out this article on why starting Matched Betting before the 2022 World Cup is a super savvy move.
You can start your free trial today and you’ll be set to take advantage of one of the busiest ever times in football.
When will the Premier League break for the World Cup?
In total, there will be just over a six-week break in domestic football while the Qatar World Cup is underway in the Middle East.
- Sunday 13th of November: The last games of the first half of the 2022/2023 Premier League season will take place.
- Monday 14th of November: Players start to depart to join their national teams for the Qatar World Cup.
- Sunday 20th November: First group games, starting with Qatar v Ecuador and kick-off will be at 16:00 (UK).
- Sunday 18th December: The World Cup will end on Sunday 18th December, with the final scheduled to take place at 15:00 (UK).
When will the Premier League resume?
- Monday 26th December (Boxing Day): A full schedule of fixtures is set for Boxing Day with 14 of the Premier League clubs in action across 7 fixtures.
- Tuesday 27th December: The remaining 6 clubs (3 fixtures) will take place on Tuesday 27th December and Wednesday 28th December.
- Friday 30th December and Monday 2nd January: Following these games, the Premier League clubs will then complete their next round of matches.
Overview of the key dates of the 2022 Qatar World Cup
Read more about Matched Betting and the 2022 Qatar World Cup:
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MATCHED BETTING?
Our Facebook Group, which has over 50,000 members, is the best place to ask for help and ask questions, especially if you are new to Matched Betting.
Alternatively, you can also contact the team directly for support too.
How to start Matched Betting with Outplayed
When Matched Betting with OUTPLAYED.com, as long as you follow the guides, you can’t lose, only profit. Matched Betting is not an alternative to employment or a solution to financial concerns. Profits can vary dramatically based on time and effort.
Sign up to our free trial and earn up to £60Start My Free Trial
Recent Posts24 Tips For Matched Betting Success In 2024The Ultimate Matched Bettors Guide To Cheltenham 202411 Top Tips To Avoid Being GubbedHow Much Can You Make From Matched Betting In 2024?Is Matched Betting Worth It In 2024?
Share This Article